John McCain is out with a new ad that accuses Barack Obama of making the same claim - "the fundamentals of the economy are strong" - that McCain himself was viciously criticized for just a week ago.
But the quote plucked by the McCain campaign is taken entirely out of context, just a day after the Arizona Republican himself decried "gotcha journalism" when it came to his running mate. Continue reading/view ad here.
- The Financial Crisis, McCain's Hypocrisy, and Random Thoughts
- Analysis: With bailout, McCain reaches dead end
- Obama Rapid-Response Ad Skewers McCain - The Huffington Post
- Candidates Seek Changes In Wall Street Rescue Plan - The Washington Post
- US Financial System in Worst Shape Since Depression - How This May Affect the Election
- Finger-Pointing in Financial Crisis Is Directed at Bush